Links

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Planting mango Harum Manis in my house compound

I receive a box of mango Harum Manis from a friend of mine in Perlis last May 2016. This is my second attempt to germinate the seeds after the first batch in (germinate in May 2015) died due to dry season in August 2015.

I am attempting to plant this kind of mango at home since the price per kilogram is reaching RM 23 this year [1]. This mango also being eagerly waited by people from Japan and Thailand [2].

Planting the Harum Manis mango outside gate of my house
Close up of the Harum Manis mango after 114 days
There are 5 seeds were germinate that time. But only 1 manage to survive and growing healthily after 114 days (or 3 months and 22 days). Thanks to my friend, seems like I have better chance in this second attempt after getting more knowledge on gardening.

My conclusion for the fail first attempt: late in re-locate the seedlings to soil. The seedling might died not only due to lack of water. But also due to lack of other minerals that required for it to survive.

Hope that this little one will survive till the end.

Till then, have a good day in gardening at home.

[1] Price of harum manis mango RM 25 per kilogram last  March 2016 http://www.malaysiandigest.com/news/602806-farm-price-of-harum-manis-mangoes-to-reach-rm25-a-kilogramme.html
[2] The skyrocketed high price of harum manis mango last June 2015 http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=100451

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about mango. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete