Links

Monday, September 19, 2016

Update 1 on planting green peas at home

This is the first update on my progress in planting the green peas (or actually mung beans). For me, the growth rate were fast. I do think that I shouldn't wait more than 3 days to move the germinated seeds to soil. As I am afraid the survival rate would be lower as there are more nutrition on soil than in the germinated case.

The one circled in the picture is actually the green peas that I put near my green sugar cane on 14 Sept 16
This is the picture of the above green peas after 17 Sept 16. It grew very green tapered leaves after 5 days on soil
This is the green peas that I put in this small pot last 14 Sept 16. Can check the previous picture here

This is 3 green peas that I germinate last 14 Sept 16. The tallest is around 1.5 cm high
This is the green peas after I move it on soil evening of 18 Sept 16. That is 4 days after germinate. See how tall it grew?
My conclusion would be that the green peas that moved within 3 days to soil have shorter sturdy stem and thicker plus greener leaves. The one that moved at the 4th day to soil will have longer thinner stem and shorter thinner leaves.
 
Hopefully the plants will grow healthier and produce more green peas for me. Will post the update here in my blog for easy growth tracking.
For the initial picture of the germinated green peas, could he found in my entry on planting green peas at home.
Till then, be safe while gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment