Links

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Update on my pisang tanduk or horn banana last Thursday

These pictures are taken last Thursday, 28 December 2017 before I went out for work. 
Would be able to see clearly there are 16 unit of bananas on the tree. Where I have marked clearly in the picture below. Since last time, too many of them asking me how many bananas for this pisang tanduk of mine.
Update: it is harvested last morning of 7 March 2018 [6].



Daud charges RM3 per kilogram and every bunch consists of 10 to 12 bananas. He says besides the locals, foreign tourists also make up his customers as they are often attracted to the size of the fruit [2].
Where there is proof that horn bananas able to produce more than 10 bananas in one bunch [2].

Regardless others say that this is not horn banana (pisang tanduk) and more to eagle banana (pisang helang/lang), mine is truly horn banana. As it do not have too many sisir for one bunch (tandan) of banana.

Below is the difference between horn banana (pisang tanduk) and eagle banana (pisang helang/lang) based on the sisir amount per bunch (tandan).
Pisang lang that have 4 sisir in one bunch (tandan). Picture credit to [3]
Horn banana that do not have many sisir in one bunch (tandan). Picture credit to [4].
My horn banana also only have 1 layer of the skin of the banana heart. Which means they don't have more than 1 sisir in one bunch (tandan). While for pisang nipah which have layered of sisir in one bunch (tandan), the heart will have multiple skin layer as each skin layer will cover each sisir in the bunch (tandan).

Hopefully my horn banana (pisang tanduk) will be safe from thieves. Since there is quite a lot of case in my area where the banana tree were cut off by irresponsible thieves/people. They not just cut off young banana tree. They also cut off the banana fruits regardless it is not theirs. Pity to my neighbour.

Found a dragonfly resting on my turmeric leaves in my house compound.
Among dragonfly in my house compound.

Till then, have fun in taking pictures on your horn banana on its tree 😍

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment