Links

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

How to take care hair and scalp for those who wear hijab

I have been asked by plenty of my girlfriend on how do I take care of my thick hair. As they see I seems not having hair fall problem and patch of baldness as my hair looks healthy and manageable each time they saw me during ablution time :
For me, the steps to take care of the hair is more important than spending money with expensive hair product. There is no point slapping your hair with those good and expensive product when you are not taking care your hair as it should be. As it will be like putting a good fertilizer to a plant when actually the plant only need water during this hot and dry season. The plant will be dead regardless how expensive and good fertilizer you put on it.

This is the example of a good product = shampoo.
If you see the video, it only emphasis on shampoo only. Not the full process of correct hair regime.
But if you only use shampoo, it won't be enough for your hair. Yes, shampoo does help to make sure the hair and scalp clean. However, it is also not good to use shampoo every day. As it will also scrap of the good oil that needed on your scalp. I prefer to wash my hair every once per 2 day.

I personally prefer to emphasize on how you take care of your hair like drying it first and foremost.

Plus, using the tools the correct way. Such as heat protectant when using hair dryer. If not, your hair can easily burned like this ferrari:-O. This is the example of using an expensive tools and only know how to use it. But do not know how to use and manage it correctly.


You can refer my daily hair care routine in the flowchart below.
I normally wash my hair with shampoo once after 2 days. And normal hair wash each time taking bath.

Suggested hair dryer type/model for beginner:
1) Empress RA0415 from Cosway
Price RM 145 per unit
Can use my Cosway member card number : VPY015853 to get price RM 94 for March 2016 offer which will ends on 24 March 2016.

2) Panasonic EN ND 40
RM 110 with delivery when buy online as per Jan 2016 price including GST
You will also need hair protectant to protect your hair from damage of using hair dryer in daily basis.

Heat protectant for hair:
1) PhytoNatural Hair Essence Water from Cosway
Easier to find in any Cosway outlet/branch. And can order to be in I-Owe-You list if there is no stock at the moment. It have a nice smell.

2) Liese Hair Cocktail Moisturising Hair Serum
    - I used this product in year 2008 while I was at early stage of using hair dryer

3) Liese Daily Enhance Styling Series 
    - I have use Airy Style Water for almost 2 months and loving it. It does makes my hair softer and manageable.

4) Lucido-l Hair Treatment <Essence Water>
   - Have been using it for more than 1 week. Love the fruity smell and the softness of my hair after blow drying session.

Good hair drying technique from youtube:
1) By drying your hair by section


Tips to good hair drying technique section by section.

This technique take me 10 minutes to completely dry my hair, which is bra length.
I just discover the correct technique early this year. Which is after using a hair dryer since 2009. 7 years of incorrect way. Where I do found my hair become more manageable after implementing the right technique. I am also able to get straighten look without even need to use a straightener.  Which I found convenient since I hate the crispy burning smell of  my hair when using a straightener.

I would make one slot for hair drying demonstration after my incoming grooming class on 26 March 2016 and 9 April 2016.
Will update details of my grooming class in my next entry.

Till then, wish you all the best in having a good hair day.

No comments:

Post a Comment