Links

Friday, August 12, 2016

Cleaning make up brush is a good habit for your skin

I have been disciplining myself in make it as a habit or routine to clean my make up brush every weekend. Or at least do the deep cleaning once per month (each time when I am too busy or lazy).

This is to maintain a good skin condition. As the longer you leave your make up brush unclean, higher probability for infection and breakout since dirty brush could harbor bad bacteria.

I am using a silicon mat as shown in picture below to scrub off my brush since it is faster than scrub them on my palm. Since the honeycomb hole on the silicon surface make a suitable scrubbing material. This silicon mat is cheaper alternative for me than Sigma spa products. And it still serve the same purpose. That is to assist in cleaning my make up brush.
Using a silicon mat to hold the soap and scrub the brush to the impurities

As you could see in the picture, there are a white cup at the sink top. I put some virgin coconut oil in the cup since I left my dropper bottle in ground floor room. You could used any type of oil that you have with you. But it is better to use natural oil. I am using coconut oil since it helps to break down and loosen out the built up impurities or dirt on the brush such as foundation, concealer and etc. I just use around 2 to 3 drops of oil on the brush, depends on the level of impurities or dirt and brush size.

I am using a moisturizing body soap to clean the oily brush and scrub the brush off on the silicon mat. I use body soap since I found it good enough to clean my brush without drying it up. 
Part where I rinse the brush after scrub it off from the silicone mat

I am unable to take picture of me scrubbing the impurities or dirt from the brush. Since it will be hazardous to my phone as I am doing the cleaning process in my bathroom. I will normally put all the cleaned brush in a plastic basket since the hole on the basket it will help good airflow that could assist in faster drying process.
In the midst of drying process. I just put in a basket since it have many holes that provide good airflow
It is a self achievement for me to clean up the brush each end of the week. It is not easy to have a clean and clear skin from breakouts. Lots of effort and discipline involves in the process and routine. I can't afford to skip any steps since it is much harder to restore the skin conditions after breakout.

Till then, have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment