Links

Monday, October 24, 2016

Growth of my papaya tree in my house compound

It was for fun attempt. I just throw the seed from the papaya that I eat into the nursery pots and poly bag in my house. It happens that few of them manage to survive and grow sturdy tree trunk. After the tree reach almost 15 cm height, I start to move the tree to the ground. I did give 2 of them to my friend.

Now I have 9 papaya tree in my house. 3 of them where their height is almost 140 cm and already start producing flower buds. Seems like 3 of them was a female papaya tree. Female papaya tree is the one that produce papaya fruits where the male papaya tree only produce papaya flower [1]. The flower characteristic for female papaya [4] and male papaya is very distinguishable [3].
Male papaya flower [3]
 MG 4150
Overall picture of male papaya flower [5]
Hopefully the other 6 will be a female papaya tree also.
It took me around 3-4 months time to see the papaya tree grow flower buds. Which is quite fast since papaya starts grew flower 5-8 months after planting [2].
I believe that I tend to ignore the papaya tree growth since it take 9-10 months to be ready for harvesting when it is grown from seeds [1,2].
Picture of my female papaya flower taken early this month. After around 4 months old
Picture this morning. It already transform from flower to fruit bud
More flower from second tree
This is example of female flower of papaya tree. 
In a 100 gram serving, papaya fruit provides 43 calories and is a significant source of vitamin C and a moderate source of folate [1]

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment